Sunday 3 November 2013

Book Review: This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen








Title: This Lullaby
Author: Sarah Dessen
Pages: 345


First off, are all Sarah Dessen's characters so cynical of love? Or is it the current trend?  I went from, "oh I can totally relate" to "is this how everybody feel?". Man, that was depressing.

I  for one think this is where the typical heroine, after witnessing her mother's countless weddings and having to be the adult in her family, has a very disconcerting view on love. But, it takes a certain not-so-perfect boy to woe her.

The only twist is that the heroine is meticulous while the boyfriend is a complete and utter slob. The boyfriend has many flaws but his redeeming quality is that he loves her and oh-so-charming.

I love this story. It's cute. It takes my mind of things. There's a lot of self discovery that can be done from this piece but I'm taking the easy way. No over-thinking and go with the flow. Like the heroine, I'm learning to just let go. It's not all or nothing. Sometimes, the in-between is acceptable since nobody will know where or how we will end up.

A quote from "Getting Over Garrett Delaney" which I think is appropriate on today's post:
Love isn't pain. Heartbreak isn't noble or romantic. You deserve better, so don't forget.

P/S: The cover above is not the one that I've read. I put that one because it looks way nicer than the one I have. Here's the one that I've read from







No comments:

Post a Comment